Virtually every business owner these days understands the importance of having a strong website presence that draws customers to their platform. While many people don’t have trouble building out a simple website or blog themselves or hiring the work to another company, the problem typically resides in how to drive traffic to their website once their work is complete. Unless you have a skillset to implement successful online marketing that drives traffic to your website, this barrier can cause serious strain on your business and, therefore, the amount of income you generate per month. Because no one sets up a business and website with the intention of stifling the growth of their business, it is imperative that as a business owner you understand how to boost traffic to your website.
However, with a plethora of information on the web, you may wonder how exactly you are to go about doing this. Furthermore, because the internet is a crowded space with so much noise from conflicting and competing sources, the unfortunate truth is that it’s becoming even more difficult to get noticed. So the question remains: how does your business stick out and get noticed in an age of digital overload?
Why “Authority” is Vital to Boost Traffic to Your Website
In order to rise above the noise of information on the internet, you need to first implement some key, basic principles to the way you drive traffic to your website. The most important of these principles is to create authority with your website. This means that Google trusts your website to provide meaningful answers to users’ questions and as a result, it places your website at the top of Google search results. This is monumental in getting your website noticed and staying noticed over the long-run. If Google doesn’t think your website is authoritative, your website will get lost in the mix, never to be viewed by customers that could potentially purchase a product or service from you.
How Google determines your authority of the website is complicated and unfortunately isn’t very straightforward. There are many factors that play into how Google determines your site’s authority, but some such factors are:
- Your business’s reputation: If you’ve been in business for a while and have a positive reputation with its customers
- Positive reviews from customers: A lot of positive testimonials from customers proves that your business is trustworthy
- Business posts: Posting quality content shows that your business is leading in industry knowledge and, therefore, can also be trusted for providing reliable services/products
- Reliability: If your visitors can rely on your website to provide quality, accurate information, your authority on Google will increase
The Top 5 Ways You Can Boost Traffic to Your Website Starting Today
Between writing new blogs, posting on social media, or getting positive reviews from customers on your website, it can be hard to distinguish between what is generating more traffic to your site and what isn’t. The list below will help you navigate the top 15 ways to increase traffic to your website, generate more leads and increase and improve your ROI:
- Content creation: Creating high quality content through blogging is one of the top ways to drive traffic to your website. In order to do this effectively, however, make sure you are coming up with content that attracts the right audience to your site (aka- identify your buyer persona first).
- Pay attention to SEO: This is a big one. Optimizing your content for search engines, especially targeting long-tail keywords, is essential to stick out on the web and get your site ranked.
- Start guest blogging: Similar to content creation on your website, except the blog won’t live on your site, it will live on another reputable site. Be warned, though: make sure you are producing high quality content that isn’t “spammy”. Standards for guest blogging can be high and you don’t want to ruin your reputation by putting out low quality content with ineffectual links back to your website.
- Make sure your site is fast and has high aesthetic appeal: If your website takes too long to load or it’s a jumbled, low quality mirage of stock photos and lettering, your chances of generating new leads will significantly decrease. Do yourself a favor and invest in the best website with the highest speeds you can. Even if you can’t spend a lot of money on your site, any improvements will increase your chances of being noticed with customers and, therefore, catching Google’s attention for becoming a reputable website.
- Paid advertising and online marketing: While this may seem obvious, it is often overlooked. Paying for advertising either through social media or other online means significantly increases your chances of driving traffic to your website. In fact, according to a survey conducted in 2019, spending on social media will rise by nearly 90% in the next 5 years. Therefore, being seen on an internet that’s already vastly overpopulated without paying for online advertising will become increasingly difficult.
Boost Traffic to Your Website with Help
Boosting traffic to your website can be complex and overwhelming unless you’ve been trained in the inner workings of the mind of Google. Therefore, sometimes the best call to action is to hire it out to a company that is reputable in the industry and can help you get ranked on Google without you having to do the leg work. This can free up your time to focus on your business at hand and let professionals take care of the rest. Furthermore, by allowing someone trained in SEO to take care of the logistics, you are more likely to get ranked quicker, generating more leads and increasing ROI much faster than you would figuring it out yourself.
In order to find a company that knows how to effectively rank your business on Google, first and foremost see what the company’s website presence is. Do they have fast load times and does their website exude aesthetic appeal? How are their customer reviews? You can also ask the company what other companies they are working with in order to see how those companies are stacking up against their competition online.
While ranking on Google may seem complicated, it doesn’t have to be with expert help. Reach out to see how an SEO expert can help you start ranking your business today.